Sweat Stains – Home Made Sweat Stains Solutions
When one sweats, there is usually the ugly stubborn stain that remains on the under arm area. These stains are normally very hard to remove with the ordinary detergents. The stains look very bad and especially on white clothing. The stains ought to be removed because you would not feel comfortable lifting your arms up when there is that yellow stain under the arms. The sweat stains can cause embarrassment and hence needs to be removed. On the other hand, a sweat stain can be very stubborn if left unattended for a very long time. It can be quite tricky when trying to remove it. Therefore, the sweat stain should be removed as soon as noted. Sweating is one of the ways that the body controls the temperature, which is very important. No matter how much everybody hates the sweat stains, there is absolutely nothing one can do to control the sweating. The least one can do is take care of the stains that are left behind.
How to remove sweat stains
There is a way one can prevent sweat stains. Its better prevent the stains rather than having to deal with them. You find that, when the sweat combines with antiperspirant, there is a bad stain that is left on the clothing. Therefore, if one tries to use something else to substitute an antiperspirant such as a deodorant, it can prevent sweat stains on the clothing. If you already have stains on your clothes there are several solutions for that.
- White vinegar. White vinegar is known to remove sweat odors from clothes as well as stains. This is a homemade solution, which works quite well. The vinegar is cheap such that you do not have to go for very expensive detergents. White vinegar is a very effective stain removal solution.
- Vinegar sprinkle. This is another way one can use to remove the stubborn stains. It is different from white vinegar. What one does is sprinkle the garment with vinegar. You then rub the vinegar and let it dry. Since vinegar has acid, it reacts and gets rid of the sweat stain. This method was used for many years before the detergents came.
- Baking soda. This is another homemade solution for removing stains. You should make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it to the stains and leave it for about half an hour. Then wash the clothing as usual. If that does not work, get the regular chalk and apply on the garment. This should remove the sweat stain.
- Dish detergent soak. This detergent can help removing the stains from clothing when used. What you do, is soak the area with the sweat stain for at least one and a half hours, then wash the garment as usual. It always work and you can use it for the collar as well. The detergent is very cheap and it gives excellent results.
- Shampoo. Hair shampoo also removes the yellow sweat stains on the under arms. You just need to scrub the area with a brush and it gets rid of the stains effectively.
Those are some of the homemade solutions that one can use to get rid of the sweat stains. You do not have to go and buy some very expensive detergents so that you can use them. You even find that some of the detergents in the market cause a bleaching effect on your garments, which wears them out.